“Dr. Mike Etchart diagnosed cancer in our little 11 1/2 year old Aussie that had been missed by two other veterinarian clinics. His outstanding care, along with Dr. Bingham and the Arrowhead staff, gave us the gift of approximately another year with her. For that, we are most grateful!”
Hayward and Anne Meredith, client since 2012
When your pet is exhibiting symptoms of illness, our state-of-the-art veterinary diagnostic equipment is on-hand to assist our doctors in making an accurate and prompt diagnosis. Our comprehensive technology includes:
- Blood Work Analysis. In minutes, we can have an accurate picture of your pet’s overall health, including organ function testing, electrolyte imbalances, and detection of infection and inflammation.
- Dental Radiography. When your pet comes in for a dental procedure at Arrowhead Veterinary Hospital, we utilize our dental radiography (X-ray) capabilities to check for dental health concerns that can’t be seen with the naked eye, such as cracks, chips, hidden decay, and root infection.
- Digital Radiography. Radiography, also known as X-rays, is an essential veterinary diagnostic tool. Digital radiography provides high-quality images available immediately for the doctor to view. In addition, Arrowhead uses a digital X-ray system that exposes your pet to less radiation than a traditional X-ray system.
- Digital Ultrasound. An ultrasound uses high-frequency sound waves to painlessly visualize your pet internally. A few examples of common screening kidneys, liver, spleen and bladder evaluation, and pregnancy diagnosis. Appropriate medical or surgical intervention will then be discussed with you.
- Echocardiography. This valuable, painless, and non-invasive cardiac instrument allows us to examine heart wall thickness, assess blood flow, evaluate valve function, scan for abnormalities, and more.
- Flexible Video Endoscopy. Flexible video endoscopy allows our doctors to visually examine a specific area or organ internally without a large incision.
- In-House Laboratory. Our in-house laboratory is equipped to provide results for a wide range of diagnostic tests including blood, urine, and fecal evaluations, and much more.
- Reference Laboratories. We employ the best outside laboratories in the veterinary industry and usually can have results from uncommon tests within 24-48 hours.