When your pet is exhibiting symptoms of illness, our state-of-the-art veterinary diagnostic equipment is on-hand to assist our doctors in making an accurate and prompt diagnosis. Our comprehensive technology includes:
- Blood Work Analysis. In minutes, we can have an accurate picture of your pet’s overall health, including organ function testing, electrolyte imbalances, and detection of infection and inflammation.
- Dental Radiography. When your pet comes in for a dental procedure at Arrowhead Veterinary Hospital, we utilize our dental radiography (X-ray) capabilities to check for dental health concerns that can’t be seen with the naked eye, such as cracks, chips, hidden decay, and root infection.
- Digital Radiography. Radiography, also known as X-rays, is an essential veterinary diagnostic tool. Digital radiography provides high-quality images available immediately for the doctor to view. In addition, Arrowhead uses a digital X-ray system that exposes your pet to less radiation than a traditional X-ray system. Dr. Mike Etchart and several Arrowhead technicians, are among the very few veterinary professionals to attain certification in PennHip hip evaluations. PennHip is a more accurate assessment of the onset of degenerative joint disease, which is a hallmark of hip dysplasia.
- Digital Ultrasound. An ultrasound uses high-frequency sound waves to painlessly visualize your pet internally. A few examples of common screening kidneys, liver, spleen and bladder evaluation, and pregnancy diagnosis. Appropriate medical or surgical intervention will then be discussed with you.
- Echocardiography. This valuable, painless, and non-invasive cardiac instrument allows us to examine heart wall thickness, assess blood flow, evaluate valve function, scan for abnormalities, and more.
- Flexible Video Endoscopy. Flexible video endoscopy allows our doctors to visually examine a specific area or organ internally without a large incision.
- In-House Laboratory. Our in-house laboratory is equipped to provide results for a wide range of diagnostic tests including blood, urine, and fecal evaluations, and much more.
- Reference Laboratories. We employ the best outside laboratories in the veterinary industry and usually can have results from uncommon tests within 24-48 hours.